Mickey Baker was one of the most versatile and technically proficient players of the 1950s New York studio scene where he made his initial impact. He is best known though for his pop/R&B outings as one half of the duo, Mickey & Sylvia whose recordings can be found on the Jasmine collection 'Love Is Strange' (JASMCD3093).
Here Jasmine focuses on a selection of Mickey's solo recordings along with a handful of his prominent session work all recorded between 1952 and 1959. These selections truly display the breadth of Baker's talent as he plays several different styles with equal brilliance.
When listening to this collection of his outstanding guitar playing there is no question of Mickey Baker's importance in the development of rock and roll and in particular rock and roll guitar. Throughout this time he also continued to teach guitar and wrote the first of several tuition books which became best sellers and have remained in print for over 50 years.
Fully detailed liner notes.
1. RIVERBOAT - MICKEY BAKER AND ORCHESTRA
2. GUITAR MAMBO - MICKEY BAKER AND ORCHESTRA
3. OH HAPPY DAY - MICKEY BAKER AND HIS GUITAR
4. LOVE ME BABY - MICKEY BAKER AND HIS GUITAR
5. I'M TIRED - BIG RED McHOUSTON & HIS ORCHESTRA
6. WHERE IS MY HONEY - BIG RED McHOUSTON & HIS ORCHESTRA
7. I WISH I KNEW
8. STRANGER BLUES
9. YOU BETTER HEED MY WARNING - LARRY DALE & THE MICKEY BAKER ORCHESTRA
10. PLEASE TELL ME - LARRY DALE & THE MICKEY BAKER ORCHESTRA
MICKEY 'GUITAR' BAKER & HIS HOUSE ROCKERS
11. SHAKE WALKIN'
12. GREASY SPOON
13. BANDSTAND STOMP
14. ROCK WITH A SOCK
15. OLD DEVIL MOON
17. SPINNIN' ROCK BOOGIE
THE WILDEST GUITAR
18. THIRD MAN THEME
19. WHISTLE STOP
20. NIGHT AND DAY
21. MIDNIGHT, MIDNIGHT
22. AUTUMN LEAVES
24. MILK TRAIN
25. OLD DEVIL MOON
27. BAKER'S DOZEN
28. LULLABY OF THE LEAVES
29. GLOOMY SUNDAY
|Release Date||April 12th, 2018|
|UPC Bar Code No||604988 09792 4|
Mickey BAKER - The Return of the Wildest Guitar
- Product Code: JASCD 979
- Availability: In Stock