Joe Hill Louis is a highly regarded Memphis blues artist whose career never really took off nationally. Despite this he was very famous around Memphis and recorded a considerable body of work.
Essentially a one-man-band. He sang, played guitar, blew harmonica all with added percussion making one of the most exciting and danceable sounds of 50s R&B.
He was a pioneer of distorted and over amplified guitar which can be heard on one of his most famous and influential recordings, 'Boogie In The Park'. And Boogie is what you'll do when you listen to this fantastic collection.
Also featured are some rare recordings from labels like Checker, Meteor, Rockin' and Big Town.
Fully detailed liner notes.
1. A' JUMPIN' AND A' SHUFFLIN'
2. BOOGIE IN THE PARK
3. BROKE AND HUNGRY (Blue in the Morning)
4. I FEEL LIKE A MILLION
5. COME BACK BABY
6. COLD CHILLS
7. STREET WALKIN' WOMAN
8. GOTTA GO BABY
9. JOE HILL BOOGIE
10. EYESIGHT TO THE BLIND
11. CHOCOLATE BLONDE
12. WHEN I'M GONE
13. DOROTHY MAE
14. SHE MAY BE YOURS
15. I'M A POOR BOY
16. WE ALL GOTTA GO SOMETIME
17. JACK POT - as Chicago Sunny Boy
18. WESTERN UNION MAN - as Chicago Sunny Boy
19. KEEP AWAY FROM MY BABY
20. TIGER MAN
21. SHE'S TAKING ALL MY MONEY - as Johnny Lewis
22. JEALOUS BLUES (Jealous Man)
23. 4TH AND BEALE
24. RUTHIE MAE
25. BAD WOMAN BLUES
26. HYDRAMATIC WOMAN
27. GOIN' AWAY BABY - as Joe Hill Louis & His Boys
28. JUST PLAIN TIRED - as Joe Hill Louis & His Boys
|Release Date||November 4th, 2019|
|UPC Bar Code No||604988 31432 8|
Joe HILL LOUIS & His One-Man Band - A'Jumpin' & A'Shufflin' The Blues, 1950-1954
- Product Code: JASMCD 3143
- Availability: In Stock