Alexis Korner and Cyril Davies are universally acknowledged as 'The God Father' and 'The Architect of UK blues', respectively.
They formed The AK Breakdown Group in 1957, which morphed into Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated Featuring Cyril Davies. The following year they recorded the Blues from the Roundhouse Vol. 2 EP before splitting.
After Korner & Davies reformed Blues Inc in 1962, the band would provide a catalytic conduit for the entire subsequent UK blues/R&B boom, with singers & musicians like Dick Heckstall-Smith, Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts, Long John Baldry, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker, and Graham Bond passing through their ranks.
This carefully-compiled collection comprises their first EP, the celebrated 1962 Decca LP, 'R&B from the Marquee' and a plethora of related recordings of the time.
These historic sides were the first electric blues recordings made in the UK.
R&B FROM THE MARQUEE LP
1. GOTTA MOVE
2. RAIN IS SUCH A LONESOME SOUND
3. I GOT MY BRAND ON YOU
4. SPOOKY BUT NICE
5. KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF
6. I WANNA PUT A TIGER IN YOUR TANK
7. I GOT MY MOJO WORKING
8. FINKLE'S CAFE
9. HOOCHIE COOCHIE
10. DOWN TOWN
11. HOW LONG, HOW LONG BLUES
12. I THOUGHT I HEARD THAT TRAIN WHISTLE BLOW
13. I'M BUILT FOR COMFORT (aka EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS)
14. SAIL ON
15. NATIONAL DEFENCE BLUES
16. GO DOWN SUNSHINE
17. DEATH LETTER
18. K.C. MOAN (The Roundhouse Jug Four)
19. HESITATION BLUES (The Roundhouse Jug Four)
20. IT'S THE SAME OLD THING (The Roundhouse Jug Four)
21. SHORT LEGS SHUFFLE (The Roundhouse Jug Four)
22. 3/4 A.D. (Alexis Korner & Davy Graham)
23. SHE FOOLED ME
24. I'M A HOOCHIE COOCHIE MAN
25. NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME
26. EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS
|UPC Bar Code No||604988026528|
Alexis KORNER'S BLUES INCORPORATED - R&B: From The Roundhouse, To The Ealing Club, To The Marquee
- Product Code: JASCD 265
- Availability: In Stock