Many artists have been called the King Of Rock 'n' Roll, but there has only ever been one 'King Of The Twist'. South Philadelphia's Ernest Evans twisted his way from plucking chickens for a living to international renown with a dance that he didn't invent, but that is so associated with Evans' stage persona of Chubby Checker that he might as well have done.
In the years between R 'n' R and Merseybeat, Chubby was one of the biggest selling artists on the planet, with a dizzying assortment of Top 10 dance crazes including the Fly, the Pony and the Hucklebuck, always returning to the Twist for his biggest hits. He remains the only artist to have topped the US charts on two occasions with the same record - 'The Twist' - in the space of one year.
This new Jasmine package brings you all of Chubby's US and UK As and Bs from 1959 to 1962 - his peak years as a chart maker. All performed with the same gusto that made him a household name of the period, and many now considered to be the foundation on which the future Sound Of Philadelphia was built.
Included are Chubby's biggest ever hits plus many tracks that are new to CD - including some rare, early and non-hit singles that have never been reissued before.
This 60th anniversary collection marks the first occasion on which all of Chubby's most important hits have appeared in the same place at the same time. It's been a long time since the Twist was the dance floor sensation of the nation, but you're never too young or too old to go round and round and up and down with Chubby Checker!
1. THE CLASS
2. SCHOOLDAYS, OH SCHOOLDAYS
3. WHOLE LOTTA LAUGHIN'
4. SAMSON AND DELILAH
5. DANCING DINOSAURS
6. THOSE PRIVATE EYES (Are Watching Me)
7. THE TWIST
9. THE HUCKLEBUCK
10. WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN' GOIN' ON
11. PONY TIME
12. OH SUSANNAH
13. DANCE THE MESS AROUND
14. GOOD GOOD LOVIN'
15. LET'S TWIST AGAIN
16. EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT
17. THE FLY
18. THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES - Chubby Checker and his brothers Spencer and Tracy
19. TWISTIN' U.S.A.
20. JINGLE BELL ROCK - Chubby Checker and Bobby Rydell
21. JINGLE BELLS IMITATIONS - Chubby Checker and Bobby Rydell
22. SLOW TWISTIN' - Chubby Checker and Dee Dee Sharp
23. LA PALOMA TWIST
24. THE LOSE-YOUR-INHIBITIONS TWIST
25. TEACH ME TO TWIST - Chubby Checker and Bobby Rydell
26. SWINGIN' TOGETHER - Chubby Checker and Bobby Rydell
27. DANCIN' PARTY
28. GOTTA GET MYSELF TOGETHER
29. POPEYE THE HITCHHIKER
30. LIMBO ROCK
|Release Date||January 10th, 2020|
|UPC Bar Code No||604988 10272 7|
Chubby CHECKER - Twistin' USA - The Singles As & Bs, 1959-1962
- Product Code: JASMCD 1027
- Availability: In Stock