Following on from the success of 'That's All I Want From You' (JASCD 535) comes 'Up North, Down South' which incorporates two great albums plus six bonus singles recorded in 1960 and 1961.
Despite their titles and covers it has to be said that these aren't just songs of the Civil War but more a collection of songs that depict the ideals and put you in mind of the Northern and Southern States. So now you can happily Whistle 'Dixie' and be a good old 'Yankee Doodle Boy' whilst humming along to songs everybody knows like, 'Lullaby of Broadway' and 'De Camptown Races'.
As if these two great albums weren't enough we at Jasmine thought we'd give you no less than six additional bonus tracks of which 'I Walk the Line' was Jaye P. Morgan's last Billboard Top 100 chart entry.
See also JASCD 535.
1. YANKEE DOODLE BOY
2. SHINE ON HARVEST MOON
3. SHUFFLE OFF TO BUFFALO
4. THE WHIFFENPOOF SONG (Baa! Baa! Baa!)
5. THERE'S A BOAT DAT'S LEAVIN' SOON FOR NEW YORK
6. BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC
8. ON THE BANKS OF THE WABASH FAR AWAY
9. WHEN JOHNNY COMES MARCHING HOME
10. PENNSYLVANIA POLKA
11. INDIANA (Back Home Again In Indiana)
12. DOWN BY THE O - HI - O
13. LULLABY OF BROADWAY
14. WAY DOWN YONDER IN NEW ORLEANS
15. ST. LOUIS BLUES
16. THE YELLOW ROSE OF TEXAS
18. MARYLAND MY MARYLAND
19. KENTUCKY BABE
20. ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND
21. BILL BAILEY, WON'T YOU PLEASE COME HOME?
22. SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT
23. JOSHUA FIT DE BATTLE OF JERICHO
24. THE GOSPEL TRAIN
25. CARRY ME BACK TO OLD VIRGINNY
26. BIRMINGHAM PAPA, YOUR MEMPHIS MAMA'S COMIN' TO TOWN
27. OLD FOLKS AT HOME
28. DE CAMPTOWN RACES
29. OH! SUSANNA
30. WONDERING WHERE YOU ARE
31. I WALK THE LINE
32. A WORLD I CAN'T LIVE IN
33. WHEN YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT (You Don't Want It Anymore)
34. BROTHERHOOD OF MAN
35. NOBODY'S SWEETHEART
|UPC Bar Code No||604988019421|
Jaye P MORGAN - Up North, Down South - Plus Bonus Singles
- Product Code: JASCD 194
- Availability: In Stock