Mickey Katz has been poorly represented on CD for far too long, but this new Jasmine double is most comprehensive Katz anthology anyone could wish for.
The interest in the indigenous Jewish music known as Klezmer continues to grow, with new bands springing up all the time and festivals all over the world that attract young and old fans alike.
Most Klezmer fans of today - both the young ones and the old ones - willingly acknowledge Mickey Katz as a foundation musician who did so much to take the music beyond its natural audience.
All of Mickey's lampoons of classic 1950s pop hits are included in 'Strictly Kosher', as well as a number of traditional-style instrumentals featuring the fine 'Jewish Jazz' musicians who made up Mickey's band, the Kosher-Jammers.
Guaranteed to also appeal to fans of celebrated musical satirists such as Spike Jones - of whose City Slickers band Mickey was previously a member - Katz' fellow Jones alumnus Red Ingle, and the King Of International Lampoon Stan Freberg.
Beautifully remastered from the best available sources, and featuring as much music as could fit onto two CDs. Copiously annotated booklet gives much detail about the man and his music.
1. THE WEDDING SAMBA
2. MUSIC! MUSIC! MUSIC!
3. THERE'S A HOLE IN THE IRON CURTAIN
4. THE BARBER OF SCHLEMIEL
5. HAPPY PAY-OFF DAY (Happy Pay Day)
6. YIDDISH MULE TRAIN
7. THE BABY, THE BUBBE AND YOU (Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo)
8. TIGER RAG (Instrumental)
10. GESHRAY DE VILDE KOCHKE (The Cry Of The Wild Goose)
11. BAGEL CALL RAG (Bugle Call Rag)
12. SHE'LL BE COMING ROUND THE CATSKILLS (She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain)
13. BORSCHT RIDERS IN THE SKY (Ghost Riders In The Sky)
14. COME ON-A MY HOUSE
15. SOUND OFF
16. NATURE BOCHER (Nature Boy)
17. SIN (It's No Sin)
18. HERRING BOATS (Shrimp Boats)
19. THE LITTLE WHITE KNISH THAT CRIED (The Little White Cloud That Cried)
20. I'M A SCHLEMIEL OF FORTUNE (Wheel Of Fortune)
21. KISS OF MEYER (Kiss Of Fire)
22. SCHVITZBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
23. A SCHMO IS A SCHMO (A Guy Is A Guy)
24. DOWNTOWN STRUTTERS BALL (Darktown Strutters Ball)
25. SHLEPPIN' MY BABY BACK HOME (Walkin' My Baby Back Home)
26. PATCHA-ME (Botch-A-Me)
27. FEET UP, PAT HIM ON THE PIPICK (Feet Up, Pat Him On The Po-Po)
28. YOU BELONG TO ME?
1. DON'T LET THE SCHMALTZ GET IN YOUR EYES (Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes)
2. WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE ME
3. THAT PICKLE IN THE WINDOW (How Much Is That Doggie In The Window)
4. WILD CORSETS (Wild Horses)
5. HAIM AFEN RANGE (Home On The Range)
6. TICKLE KITZEL (Tico Tico)
7. THAT'S MORRIS (That's Amore)
8. CES-TZI-BON (C'est Si Bon)
9. PAISACH IN PORTUGAL (April In Portugal)
10. THE FAMILY DANCED
11. HERMENDEL'S KOCH-A-LEIN (Hernando's Hideaway)
12. KENEH HORA
13. YIDDISHE MAMBO
14. DUVID CROCKETT (The Ballad Of Davy Crockett)
16. ROISELLE FROM TEXAS (The Yellow Rose Of Texas)
17. SWEET AND GENTLE
18. SIXTEEN TONS
19. FRAILACH JAMBOREE
20. HEY! JEALOUS LOVER
21. THE LITVAK SQUARE DANCE (Instrumental)
22. YOU'RE A DOITY DOG (Hound Dog)
23. K'NOCK AROUND THE CLOCK (We're Gonna Rock Around The Clock)
24. NUDNIK, THE FLYING SCHISSEL
25. THE POIPLE KISHKE EATER (The Purple People Eater)
26. KNISH DOCTOR (Witch Doctor)
27. WHERE IS MY PANTS? (Where Is Your Heart?)
28. THE CHALLE TWIST
|Release Date||10th June, 2016|
|UPC Bar Code No||604988082524|
Mickey KATZ & His Orchestra – Strictly Kosher – The Singles Collection 1950-1962
- Product Code: JASCD 825
- Availability: In Stock