There have been a few anthologies on the work of Bull Moose Jackson in the CD era but very few have covered all of the stylistic bases that this hugely popular saxophonist and singer enjoyed success with.
Perhaps best known for his raucous double-entendre classics like 'I Want A Bowlegged Woman' or 'Big Ten Inch Record' it was actually hits like 'I Love You Yes I Do' and 'I Can't Go On Without You', written by the great Henry Glover that topped the R&B charts and made him a superstar in the African-American community.
Along with the aforementioned chart successes Bull Moose had many more hits such as 'I Know Who Threw the Whiskey (In The Well), 'All I Want is You', 'Little Girl Don't Cry' which are included on this set along with many more superb tracks.
Here are 28 examples of his recorded work, blues, romantic ballads and jump blues all performed with equal aplomb.
BULL MOOSE JACKSON AND HIS BUFFALO BEARCATS
1. THE HONEY DRIPPER
2. HOLD HIM JOE
3. I KNOW WHO THREW THE WHISKEY (IN THE WELL)
4. BAD MAN JACKSON, THAT'S ME
5. I LOVE YOU YES I DO
6. SNEAKY PETE
7. ALL MY LOVE BELONGS TO YOU
8. I WANT A BOWLEGGED WOMAN
9. I CAN'T GO ON WITHOUT YOU
10. FARE THEE WELL, DEACON JONES
11. CLEVELAND OHIO BLUES
12. LOVE ME TONIGHT
13. WE CAN TALK SOME TRASH
14. DON'T ASK ME WHY
15. OH JOHN
16. LITTLE GIRL DON'T CRY
18. WHY DON'T YOU HAUL OFF AND LOVE ME?
19. BIG FAT MAMAS ARE BACK IN STYLE AGAIN
20. CHEROKEE BOOGIE
MOOSE JACKSON and HIS BEARCATS
21. NOSEY JOE
22. (LET ME LOVE YOU) ALL NIGHT LONG
24. BEARCAT BLUES
with TINY BRADSHAW'S ORCHESTRA
25. BIG TEN-INCH RECORD
26. MEET ME WITH YOUR BLACK DRESS ON
28. I WANNA HUG YA, KISS YA, SQUEEZE YA
|Release Date||January 11th 2019|
|UPC Bar Code No||604988 31102 0|
Bull Moose JACKSON - I want A Bowlegged Woman - The Greatest Hits 1945-1955
- Product Code: JASMCD 3110
- Availability: In Stock