Known for much of her career as 'The Knockers Up Girl!', and described by one enterprising journalist as 'The Mother Of The Sexual Revolution', RUSTY WARREN was a genuine trailblazer in the late 50s and throughout the 60s, taking recorded comedy into areas which had hitherto been strictly taboo.
Offering comedy songs and routines about sex, presented strictly from a female perspective, Rusty was bawdy, daring, controversial and hugely successful, in the face of a full-scale media blackout and minimal frontline marketing support.
This compilation reissues her first two LPs, 'Songs For Sinners' (1959) and 'Knockers Up!' (1960), both of which were huge sellers, the former selling some 750,000 copies, while the latter was her biggest album, making the US Top 10 and selling more than 2 million copies.
In the early 00s, she enjoyed something of a 'comeback' in the US, when her 'Bounce Your Boobies' opened Air America's Randi Rhodes Show every Friday.
Few of her albums have ever been reissued on CD, and these two LPs are unavailable elsewhere.
1. BASIN STREET BLUES/POONTANG BLUES
2. LET'S DO IT, LET'S FALL IN LOVE
3. ROLL ME OVER IN THE CLOVER
5. RUSTY TALKS TO THE AUDIENCE/GOD CREATES WOMAN
6. WALTZ ME AROUND AGAIN WILLIE (I-Yi-Yi-Yi)
7. I WISH I COULD SHIMMY LIKE MY SISTER KATE
8. RUSTY TALKS TO THE AUDIENCE/IN THE FAMILY WAY
9. FRANKIE AND JOHNNY
10. RUSTY TALKS TO THE AUDIENCE
11. KNOCKERS UP!
12. YOU'RE NOBODY 'TIL SOMEBODY LOVES YOU
|Release Date||March 8th, 2019|
|UPC Bar Code No||604988 26522 4|
Rusty WARREN - Songs for Sinners / Knockers Up!
- Product Code: JASMCD 2652
- Availability: In Stock